Call us on: 0161 785 1000
Our team of practitioners and associates are amongst the best subject matter experts in the country and at Niche we work hard to ensure that our clients have the best consultancy available.
Job title: Senior Consultant
Sue has worked for Niche for over ten years. She has worked on a wide range of consultancy projects in England and Ireland during this time. She is an experienced mental health clinician and manager. She retains nursing registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council, UK. Sue’s prime interest was initially always in acute mental health and in cross cultural mental health care but she has developed her knowledge of CAMHs, perinatal mental health and forensic mental health care over the last decade. Sue is also interested in innovative and evidence based practice.
MSc, MSc, BSc (Hons), RGN, RMN
Sue has extensive experience in conducting service evaluations and reviews and has also undertaken several simulation modelling projects. She has acted as Project Manager on a wide range of consultancy projects of varying sizes, complexity and within various timeframes. She is trained in PRINCE2. She is able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders including managers, clinicians, service users, carers, voluntary sector and other partner organisations. She is able to work alongside and with a range of stakeholders for the duration of any project. She has a thorough understanding of quality and information governance.
Sue has completed a Diploma in Clinical Risk & Claims Management from Open University and Capsticks, London. Sue is trained in RCA methodology and has completed the “Excellence in report writing” training via Bond Solon. She has acted as Senior Nurse Advisor – Mental Health on independent serious incident inquiries and on homicide inquiries.
Projects Sue has been involved in include:
• A review of the commissioning of psychological services on behalf of a CCG
• A review of psychological services for people with personality disorders on behalf of a CCG
• A review of a perinatal mental health service
• A diagnostic analysis of mental health inpatient beds
• An evaluation of an eleven-site collaborative approach to care planning in the Republic of Ireland
• An evaluation of a First Response Service, integrating urgent responses to people with acute mental health needs
• An evaluation of a vanguard new care model
• An evaluation of four “Safe Space” services in Bradford focussing on innovative new services for young people and adults offering alternatives to admission
• Several simulation modelling projects which involved modelling the future of inpatient services and / or community mental health services